Pack a trashless lunch and wear green in observance of Trashless Tuesday.
· sandwiches sealed in plastic bags · sandwiches and other main dishes,
· fruits and vegetables in plastic bags fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, and
· prepackaged chips, cookies, fruit bars, treats in a reusable lunch container
granola bars, cheeses, and fruit leathers
· prepackaged yogurt, applesauce, and
· crackers, pretzels, chips, and other
snack foods sealed in plastic bags
· disposable juice boxes, juice pouches, · reusable drink containers
soda cans, water bottles, and milk cartons
· plastic forks and spoons · stainless-steel forks and spoons
· paper napkins · cloth napkins
· disposable paper and plastic bags · reusable lunchboxes
With this type of lunch, lunch food items can be bought in larger quantities. The packaging can be left at home for reuse or recycling. Waste-free lunches are not only a wise environmental choice, but they are less expensive as well.