CLICK HERE for 2017-2018 Kindergarten Registration Overview and Registration Information

To determine which school your child will attend, click on MY SCHOOL LOCATOR and type in your address.

Please contact Jen Yackanicz, District Registrar, at 215-619-8000 x 1408 or by email at for a registration appointment, registration packet, or questions regarding new student registration.

All registration appointments will take place at the Wissahickon School District Administration Office, 601 Knight Road, Ambler, PA 19002. Students do not need to attend registration appointment, but are welcomed. Students entering grades 6-12 will need to make a separate appointment with the school counselor so that appropriate placement and class selection may be made.

In order to assure successful registration, bring proof of students’ age, proof of residency, an immunization record, and special education documentation (if applicable) to the appointment. See below for specifics.

Proof of Age:

Child must be 5 years old on or before September 1 in the year the student is to begin kindergarten to be eligible for admittance. School board policy does not allow for any exceptions to this date. Please provide one of the following:

  • Original State Certified Birth Certificate
  • Valid Passport
  • Baptismal Certificate

Proof of Immunization:

  • Photocopy of immunization record from physician or previous school

Extended School Day

The Ambler Area YMCA provides before and after school extended day services to our families. In addition to meeting the daily needs of working parents, they also provide full day care services during in-service days and snow days. Contact the Ambler Area YMCA for more information.

Proof of Residency:

  • Photo ID of parent/guardian registering student(s) - (current driver's license, current government issued photo ID or passport)
  • Property deed, most recent property tax bill, or residential lease

PLUS 2 different items from the following list:

  • Current gas bill
  • Current electric bill
  • Current oil bill
  • Current water bill
  • Current phone or cable bill

(A recently signed agreement of sale or settlement document may be used in lieu of any of the above.)

Special Education (If applicable):

  • Individualized Education Program (I.E.P.)
  • Gifted Individualized Educational Program (G.I.E.P.)
  • Evaluation Report (E.R.)
  • Notice of Recommended Educational Program(N.O.R.E.P)
Powered by Finalsite