Wissahickon School District values the contributions that volunteers make to the educational programs of our schools and encourages parents and community members to volunteer.
To ensure the safety and welfare of students and personnel in the district and to comply with state and federal laws, Wissahickon School District implemented new school volunteer policies, WSD Board Policy #902 and Policy #806, and Guidelines Policy #806.1 related to the Child Protective Services Law and the PA School Code.
Changes in the laws and WSD policies effect ALL new and previous volunteers. Please note that ALL volunteers are required to complete the following:
- Complete an annual WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement (for all returning and new volunteers)
- If you are a new volunteer, obtain and submit the
- Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- FBI Background Check (not required if you've been a Pennsylvania resident for ten consecutive years prior to the date of your volunteer application and you complete the Volunteer Disclosure Statement). More Information on Obtaining Clearances
- Submit WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement and clearances to the school your child attends.
- Once your paperwork has been processed, you will receive a link via your email to complete an online Child Abuse Recognition Training session. (For new volunteers)
For step by step instructions on completing the requirements to volunteer, please refer to the Requirements for Volunteering at WSD.
Volunteer Questions & Answers
Do you have questions about volunteer requirements?
Read our Q & A.
As always, thank you for your contribution of time, talent, resources and support. We appreciate your willingness to volunteer in our schools and hope you know how much your efforts mean to our staff and students!