Welcome to the WHS Parent-Teacher Council Website!
The PTC serves as a forum in which parents, teachers, administrators, and other concerned adults discuss ways to promote quality education, expand the arts, encourage Community involvement, and work for a healthy environment and safe neighborhoods.
~~ Please select a link from the left menu to learn more about the WHS PTC.~~
News and Announcements
- Gift Bricks! Installed outside the Circle Gym entrance. 31 bricks are available for immediate engraving, various sizes. These are the perfect way to honor:
- a senior, ready to graduate,
- a teacher or staff member whom you would like to recognize,
Click here for order form.
- a past WHS alumnus who would be delighted to be remembered
- College preparation Facebook site up and running! WHS PTC members should join today!
We are very pleased to inform you that a new Facebook site is born, just in time for spring! We have created the site, entitled the WHS PTC College Prep. Watercooler, solely for our WHS PTC members to discuss college and career preparation services relevant to our teens in our community. We invite you to join today! Here’s how…
As you know, one of the many benefits of membership in the WHS PTC is communication and information about issues and events that parents might not otherwise have access to. A longtime priority of the organization has been building up the college and career preparation services offered through the high school. For years, we offered the WHS PTC College Preparation Fair to open up dialogue, knowledge and opportunities for teens. The fair has been transitioned into an online Facebook vehicle, where WHS PTC members may share conversation about teens in the areas of
♦ academic programs in and out of school,
♦ SAT and ACT tutors,
♦ community service and career awareness.
♦ Access to our College Preparation Resource Guide, with resources from previous fairs, is also available at the site.
Please sign up for the Facebook site today by entering https://www.facebook.com/groups/WHSCOLLEGE/. Click the “JOIN” button on the top right. Our administrator will receive your request and approve it if you’re a WHS PTC member.
Looking forward to chatting with you online about the many college preparation, community service and career exploration opportunities available to WHS teens in our community!
The WHS PTC College Prep. Watercooler Facebook Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring 2013 Newsletter - New! posted 3/21/13
The WHS PTC newsletter is hot off the virtual press! It is brimming with important and timely news and information about the high school students, faculty, staff and areas of interest. Please read it cover to cover and enjoy the many enlightening, entertaining and eye-opening reports.
Click the Newsletter tab on the far left of the screen to see past issues of the newsletter.
- New Prom Location, Bus Option Announced
The Wissahickon High School Junior/Senior Prom Committee has announced that this school year's prom, scheduled for Friday, May 24, 2013, will be held at the New Jersey State Aquarium in Camden. The prom was previously held at Westover Country Club in Jeffersonville. The Prom Committee would like to offer a bus option for transportation to and from the prom.
Click HERE for Prom Transportation details.
Want to be more involved in the PTC and like the behind the scenes type of involvement? Consider overseeing the student and business directory next school year. Feel free to contact Alyson Amsterdam at email@example.com to find out what it’s all about, maybe even get involved a bit this year. Alyson’s daughter is a senior this year, but Alyson is willing to provide support next year to the person that can step into this much needed spot.
- Join the PTC - Please consider becoming a member of the WHS Parent-Teacher Council.
♦ Click HERE to read the PTC's Welcome Back newsletter for 2012-13.
♦ Click HERE to download the PTC Membership Registration and Volunteer form.
♦ Meetings are about once a month, alternating between evening and morning to allow parents with varying schedules to attend. Click HERE for the meeting schedule for the 2012-2013 school year.
♦ Click HERE for Committee Descriptions and how to get involved.
- Annual Report for 2011-2012 Click HERE to read about the many accomplishments of the PTC in the 2011-2012 Annual Report.
June 2012 PTC Newsletter Click HERE to view the newsletter.
Dear Wissahickon High School Families,
We are pleased to present you with an information-rich June 2012 newsletter featuring our many hard-working and accomplished Wissahickon High School students and the teachers, administrators and parents who supported them along the way. A print keepsake version of this issue will be mailed to homes soon, since thousands of names and honors are included and we would like to help you savor the memories for years to come. It is our gift to you.
Enjoy, and have a healthy, happy and enjoyable summer. See you in September!
-- The Wissahickon High School Parent-Teacher Council
WHSpotlight Student Recognition
The WHSpotlight student-recogntion program was held the week of 5/21. The students, faculty and staff celebrated the diverse achievements of the entire student body on Blue-and-Gold Day during all lunch periods. The students enjoyed a slide show featuring their varied accomplishments, savored hot pretzels compliments of the parents, and won Wawa gift certificates in a fun raffle. For a full listing of this year’s WHSpotlight honorees, please click the Student Recognition tab on the left side of this screen. A slide show and list of honorees’ names are posted there in 4 YouTube links. The full list of honorees and some examples of their contributions to the community will also be included in the summer issue of the high school PTC newsletter, to be sent directly to homes and posted on the Web sometime after graduation. WHSpotlight submissions are accepted year-round, so please send in your student’s accomplishments at whsptc.org today!
- If you missed a meeting, minutes are available. Click on the Meetings and Minutes tab on the left side of the screen.
- 2011-2012 Mini-Grants: Digital cameras, chemistry supplies, motion cars rev up WHS curriculum
The PTC Mini-Grants Committee proudly announced that it awarded $3,000 to enhance the learning environment in the 2011-2012 school year. The committee reviewed 16 high school applications and chose to fund 14 fully and one partially. Criteria included creativity, innovation, and learning enhancement.
Click HERE to see a list of the projects that were funded.
Click HERE to see photos and description of how projects were implemented.
- Presenting the 2010-2011 WHS Student Recognition Honorees! The Wissahickon High School Parent-Teacher Council (PTC) together with the Wissahickon High School administration proudly present many of the students recognized this year through the student recognition efforts entitled “Wissahickon Winners,” "We Believe," and “Trojan Pride.” Please join us in applauding these exceptional students whose achievements in the arts, academics, sports, and a host of co-curricular activities make WHS an outstanding community of learners. Click the links below to view the various awardees:
- NAVIANCE Update from the College Counselor - Attention Juniors and parents of Juniors: Click HERE to access "Naviance in a Nutshell" to learn all about the new Naviance system which is an internet-based program designed to help the college search process.