Effective June 28, 2010 a new application process went into place for our professional and support staff. Wissahickon School District has integrated with NETCHEMIA (School Recruiter) for our job application process. We are now paperless, a "Greener Learning" School District.
To apply for any openings click https://wissahickon.schoolrecruiter.net/Index.aspx and follow the instructions below.
Click on the "Apply" button
- Click on "Apply for this position"
- Click on "I'm a new applicant"
- Click on "Create a new account and apply"
Wissahickon School District provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, religion, gender, color, national origin, handicap or age.
Substitute Teacher Service (STS)
The District has contracted with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) to provide the District’s substitute teacher needs. If you are interested in working at the Wissahickon School District as a substitute teacher starting in the Fall, 2014, please join us at one of our four (4) sessions with STS at the Central office location (601 Knight Road, Ambler). The dates and times are:
April 29, 2014 at 3:00PM and 6:30 PM
May 1, 2014 at 3:00PM and 6:30PM
No appointment is necessary to attend these sign-up and information sessions. You will however, need to bring the following items:
- Act 34 PA Police Clearance – less than 1 year old
- Act 114 FBI Fingerprint Clearance – less than 1 year old
- Act 151 PA Child Abuse Clearance – less than 1 year old
- Proof of highest level of education
- TB/Tine test - less than 2 years old
- Resume and 3 professional references (required if you select other STS districts)
- A voided personal check or banking information for direct deposit
- A valid email address
- 2 forms of identification, one must be picture for federal form I-9
- You will be required to complete a PA Act 24 form
We look forward to seeing you on either April 29th or May 1st!
Wissahickon School District will be attending the Diversity Fair scheduled for April 23, 2014 at Abington High School. We look forward to meeting individuals who are contemplating careers as teachers or as other professionals within the education field. Please click here for more information.
Child Clearance Links
Police Criminal Clearance Act 34
Child Abuse Clearance Act 151
FBI Clearance Act 114
Click on a link below to search for job postings at Wissahickon School District.