Wissahickon Alumni Association
The mission of the Alumni Association is to further Wissahickon High School’s commitment to educational excellence, community involvement, and lifelong learning by facilitating more meaningful, long lasting relationships within the extended Wissahickon family of graduates.
The Alumni Association has two main components: a Board of Directors and a Hall of Fame committee. Each of these groups works independently of and in conjunction with each other to connect, recognize and celebrate Wissahickon Alumnus.
Welcome Letter to Alumni from Wissahickon High School Administration
The WHS Administration is beginning the process of creating a centralized Alumni Association for all Wissahickon High graduates. As part of the Alumni Association, the district is also looking to re-establish a WHS Hall of Fame. This will include achievements in: academics, athletics, and community service.
The purpose of this letter is to make you aware of this endeavor, and to ask that you become a member of the WHS Alumni Association. What does this mean? At this early stage of development, we need you to complete THREE tasks:
- Visit the alumni page to check out the Calendar for upcoming Alumni events- including our ‘Alumni Night’ Football game, as well as the Hall of Fame page for information on criteria for nomination, past inductees, and the Hall of Fame nomination form.
- Help pass this information along to any and all alumni with whom you are currently in contact.
- If you are interested in becoming your Class Rep, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your graduation year and name in the subject line, and please provide your basic contact info in the email.
- Create and maintain an active list of current alumni and their contact information (ie- name, address, email, job, etc...via excel spreadsheet and email, Facebook, etc.)
- Responsible for ongoing communication between the alumni for the year they represent and the district communication person (ie.- posting of alumni events, distributing information, and keeping up ongoing news, notes, and announcements for current Alumni
- Periodically check the alumni association mailbox (email@example.com) and respond to alumni emails
We are in the beginning stages of this venture, but hope to build a strong Trojan community that links our past, our present, and our future.
Thank you for your consideration and please get the word out!
The WHS Administration