Mile Club meets on Monday and Wednesday mornings from 8:15-8:30 a.m. and on Tuesdays during recess weather permitting. Students’ miles are tracked with an electronic scanner and their progress is posted on the bulletin board outside the gym. Parent volunteers needed. Contact Mrs. Martino for more information.
2017-2018 Band, Chorus, and String Orchestra ensembles will meet before the school day for full rehearsals. Students in fourth and fifth grades are encouraged to participate in both the instrumental music program and the choral program. Rehearsals begin promptly at 7:50 a.m. Transportation to rehearsals must be provided by a parent/guardian.
- Winter Concert Assembly - Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at Blue Bell Elementary - 2:00 p.m.
- Winter Concert - Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at Wissahickon High School Auditorium - 7:00 p.m.
- Rockband and Drumline Performance - Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at Blue Bell Elementary - 7:00 p.m.
- Spring Musical Assembly - Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at Blue Bell Elementary - 2:00 p.m.
- Spring Musical [Cast A Performance] - Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at Blue Bell Elementary - 7:00 p.m.
- Spring Musical [Cast B Performance] - Thursday, March 15, 2018 at Blue Bell Elementary - 7:00 p.m.
- Third Grade Recorder Performance - Thursday, May 17, 2018 at Blue Bell Elementary - 10:00 a.m.
- Spring Concert Assembly - Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at Blue Bell Elementary - 2:00 p.m.
- Spring Concert - Thursday, May 24, 2018 at Wissahickon High School Auditorium - 7:00 p.m.
- Rockband and Drumline Performance - Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at Blue Bell Elementary - 7:00 p.m.
- Grades K-2 Theater Performance Assembly - Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at Blue Bell Elementary - 9:30 a.m.
The goal of the Reading Olympics is to increase students' reading for enjoyment. Students collaborate with their teammates to read forty to fifty books that have been selected by a committee of librarians, reading specialists and classroom teachers. These professionals read the books and write questions which teams of students answer during the competition. The Olympics are primarily a celebration of reading rather than a contest. All participants are awarded ribbons. Since the teams generate much excitement about this event, the experience is rewarding for everyone involved. Contact Dr. Ruff for more information.
Safeties monitor hallways, escort our kindergarten students, help teachers in the bus rooms and at parent pick-up and assist students and the bus drivers with making sure our students stay safe. We are proud of our Blue Bell Safeties. Contact Dr. Lupo for more information.