Home & School Association
Welcome to the Home and School Association at Blue Bell Elementary!
The Home & School Association supports many exciting events at Blue Bell Elementary. We work with the principal and staff to provide inspirational programs for the students. There are many ways for families to be involved.
2017-2018 Meetings - Open to all BBE families!
(refreshments will be served at each meeting)
- Monday, October 2, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 4, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 5, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 2, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 4, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
2017-2018 Events and Activities
- H&SA Staff Breakfast - Friday, September 8, 2017
- Ice Cream Social - Friday, September 22, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
- Breakfast with a Buddy (Grades K-2) - Friday, October 13, 2017 at 7:45 a.m.
- Breakfast with a Buddy (Grades 3-5) - Friday, October 20, 2017 at 7:45 a.m.
- Book Fair - Wednesday, November 15 through Tuesday, November 21, 2017
- Holiday Shop (Grades K-2) - Thursday, December 14, 2017
- Holiday Shop (Grades 3-5) - Friday, December 15, 2017
- Movie Night - Friday, February 2, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
- Fifth Grade Event - Friday, March 2, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
- Book Fair - Wednesday, March 21 and Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Carnival - Friday, May 11, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
- H&SA Staff Luncheon - Wednesday, May 30, 2018
The H&SA is kicking off the year with a Membership Drive for all of our BBE families. We are requesting that all families formally join the H&SA in the beginning of the year. The purpose of becoming a member and paying an annual fee is the help the H&SA offset the costs of ongoing programs for your children throughout the year. Here some examples of various programs:
- Family Fun Nights
- Staff Appreciation Luncheons
- Breakfast with a Buddy
- Visiting Author Visit
- Fully Funded Assemblies
How to Become a Volunteer
There are many opportunities for family members to become involved in their child’s education through the H&SA. If you would like to volunteer, be sure to refer to the requirements below.
To ensure the safety and welfare of students and personnel in the district and to comply with state and federal laws, Wissahickon School District implemented new school volunteer policies, WSD Board Policy #902 and Policy #806, and Guidelines Policy #806.1 related to the Child Protective Services Law and the PA School Code.
- Complete an annual WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement (for all returning and new volunteers)
- If you are a new volunteer, obtain and submit the
- Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- FBI Background Check (not required if you've been a Pennsylvania resident for ten consecutive years prior to the date of your volunteer application and you complete the Volunteer Disclosure Statement). More Information on Obtaining Clearances
- Submit WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement and clearances to the school your child attends.
- Once your paperwork has been processed, you will receive a link via your email to complete an online Child Abuse Recognition Training session. (For new volunteers)
to volunteer, please refer to the Requirements for Volunteering at WSD.
Volunteer Opportunities at BBE
More information coming soon!
Support BBE Through Your Purchases
Please consider participating in the programs below to help support the programs run through the Blue Bell Elementary Home and School Association. Your purchases will help fund Assemblies, Family Fun Nights, Breakfast with a Buddy, and much more!
Box Tops 4 Education
Send in Box Tops with your children. Click here to print out collection sheets.
Giant A+ School Rewards
Click here to register your Giant card. Scroll down to the center of the page and select register your card from the red box on the right. Our School Code is 24066. Giant will donate a portion of your purchase to our school.
Click here and sign in to you Amazon account. Select Blue Bell Elementary H&SA as your preferred Charity. When you shop, 0.5% of all eligible purchases will go to Blue Bell!
Click here to sign up. Choose Blue Bell Elementary H&SA as your beneficiary. You can also download the Benefit app for your smartphone. Buy gift cards before you shop and earn money for Blue Bell.
Wissahickon Teachers and Staff: Apply for a Learning Grant
Driven by a common mission to support ongoing educational opportunities for Wissahickon students, WEOF and our Home and School Associations use a new Common Grant Application to streamline the grant application and approval process. Grants may be submitted by Wissahickon administrators, teachers, counselors, coaches and class/activity sponsors.