Home & School Association
Welcome to the Home and School Association at Lower Gwynedd Elementary!
The LGE Home & School Association (HSA) is comprised of many volunteers who serve as Board Members, Committee/Event Chairs, Committee Members, and all interested members of the LG community. The HSA has planned wonderful events and activities for the 2016-2017 school year. We welcome your ideas and participation!
Click here for a copy of the 2016 Welcome Letter.
2016-2017 Events and Activities
Click here for the HSA's SAVE THE DATE 2016-2017 calendar of meeting dates and activities/events. HSA meetings are held monthly, in the evening, at LGE in the Library. If you are unable to attend a meeting but wish to share/get ideas or information, please contact a member of the HSA Board.
After School Workshops: Unfortunately, we will not offer ASW this year due to a decline in volunteers.
How to Become a Volunteer
There are many opportunities for family members to become involved in their child’s education through the HSA. If you would like to volunteer, be sure to refer to the requirements below. Then fill out form and/or sign up directly for our ongoing opportunities.
- District Volunteer Policy - Who needs full clearances? Q & A
- Requirements for Volunteering at WSD includes step by step instructions. All paperwork must be submitted to the school your child attends.
- Click here for a Volunteer Interest Form
Volunteer Opportunities at LGE
- Click here for a list of Committee & Event Descriptions
- Click here for January and February Lunch/Recess Volunteer Sign-up (All volunteers MUST submit the volunteer disclosure statement each year)
- Click here for the Guidelines for Recess/Lunch Volunteers
- Morning Miles - Sign-up Coming Soon
- HSA Membership Form- we invite you to be a member and help us reach 100% participation.
- HSA Direct Donation Form- Whether or not you choose to participate in the fundraisers, please consider making a direct donation to support HSA activities.
- Fundraising Programs- List of ongoing programs and how to participate. Includes; Box Tops, Labels for Education, and GIANT bonus cards
- HSA Deposit Form
- HSA Check Request Form
Green Initiatives at LGE
LGE has many initiatives to be “green." Included below are links to help support those efforts. We also collect a few brigades for Terra Cycle which are recycled and spared the garbage dump! We receive money for your recyclables which goes directly towards HSA events/activities. Please encourage your child to recycle at lunch using the designated bins for juice pouches and other recyclables. We kindly ask for your ongoing participation to be responsible stewards of our environment. Thank you for your efforts. If you would like to volunteer, please contact email@example.com
- Pack a Trashless Lunch - Document on ‘waste-free’ lunch tips
- RECYCLE Writing Instruments - Bring your used writing utensil and drop in box in the main office
- RECYCLE MOM Brands Cereal Bags - Bring plastic cereal bags and drop in box in the lobby
- RECYCLE Drink Pouches - Save your juice bags and drop them off when you come to school
- Click here to join our mailing list to receive weekly newsletters
- Click here for the 2016 HSA Communication Plan
- Click here to Like us on Facebook
Executive Board 2016-2017
Be a part of the LGE Home and School team! Contact a member
of the board directly for questions, comments, ideas or concerns. For general
inquiries, click here to email us.
Attention Wissahickon Teachers and Staff: Submit a Learning Grant
Driven by a common mission to support ongoing educational opportunities for Wissahickon students, WEOF and our Home and School Associations use a new Common Grant Application to streamline the grant application and approval process. Grants may be submitted by Wissahickon administrators, teachers, counselors, coaches and class/activity sponsors.