Home & School Association
Welcome to the Home and School Association at Lower Gwynedd Elementary!
The LGE Home & School Association (H&SA) is comprised of many volunteers who serve as Board Members, Committee/Event Chairs, Committee Members, and all interested members of the LG community. The H&SA has planned wonderful events and activities for the 2016-2017 school year. There are many ways for families to be involved!
Click here for a copy of the 2016 Welcome Letter.
2016-2017 H&SA Meeting Dates
All meetings will be held at 7 p.m. in the LGE Library
- September 26, 2016 Read Meeting Minutes
- October 25, 2016 Read Meeting Minutes
- November 30, 2016 Read Meeting Minutes
- January 19, 2017 Read Meeting Minutes
- March 6, 2017
- May 2, 2017
2016-2017 Events and Activities
Click here for the HSA's SAVE THE DATE 2016-2017 calendar of meeting dates and activities/events.
Science Explorers After School Science Club
- This club meets on Thursdays after school from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Lower Gwynedd Elementary.
- Click here for more details and to register online. Registration is first come, first serve.
How to Become a Volunteer
There are many opportunities for family members to become involved in their child’s education through the H&SA. If you would like to volunteer, be sure to refer to the requirements below.
To ensure the safety and welfare of students and personnel in the district and to comply with state and federal laws, Wissahickon School District implemented new school volunteer policies, WSD Board Policy #902 and Policy #806, and Guidelines Policy #806.1 related to the Child Protective Services Law and the PA School Code.
- Submit an annual WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement
- Obtain and submit the following clearances:
- Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- FBI Background Check (not required if you've been a Pennsylvania resident for ten consecutive years prior to the date of your volunteer application and you complete the Volunteer Disclosure Statement). More Information on Obtaining Clearances
- Complete an online Child Abuse Recognition Training session
All paperwork must be submitted to the school your child attends. For step by step instructions on completing the requirements to volunteer, please refer to the Requirements for Volunteering at WSD.
Volunteer Opportunities at LGE
- Click here to sign
up to volunteer for Morning Miles
Click here to sign up for March and April Recess/Lunch (All volunteers MUST submit the volunteer disclosure statement each year
- Click here for Guidelines for Recess/Lunch Volunteer
- Click here for a list of Committee &
- HSA Volunteer Information Form - Please let us know your availability for upcoming events.
HSA Membership Form- we invite you to be a member and help us reach 100% participation.
- HSA Direct Donation Form- Whether or not you choose to participate in the fundraisers, please consider making a direct donation to support HSA activities.
- HSA Deposit Form
- HSA Check Request/Reimbursement Form
- Click here to join our e-mail list to receive weekly newsletters
- Click here for the 2016 HSA Communication Plan
- Click here to Like us on Facebook
LGE Student Directory
- Click here for the LGE Online Student Directory (contact information for families in our school)
Executive Board 2016-2017
Be a part of the LGE Home and School team! Contact a member
of the board directly for questions, comments, ideas or concerns. For general
inquiries, click here to email us.
Attention Wissahickon Teachers and Staff: Apply for a Learning Grant
Driven by a common mission to support ongoing educational opportunities for Wissahickon students, WEOF and our Home and School Associations use a new Common Grant Application to streamline the grant application and approval process. Grants may be submitted by Wissahickon administrators, teachers, counselors, coaches and class/activity sponsors.