Home & School Association
Welcome to the Home and School Association at Lower Gwynedd Elementary!
The LGE Home & School Association (H&SA) is comprised of many volunteers who serve as Board Members, Committee/Event Chairs, Committee Members, and all interested members of the LG community. The H&SA has planned wonderful events and activities for the 2017-2018 school year. There are many ways for families to be involved!
2017-2018 H&SA Meeting Dates
All meetings are held in the LGE Library from 7-8 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
- Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Monday, December 4, 2017
- Monday, February 12, 2018
- Monday, April 9 , 2018
- Monday, May 14, 2018
2017-2018 Events and Activities
- Back to School Picnic - Friday, September 8, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. (Rain Date: 9/15/17)
- Fitness Fun Night - Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
- Fifth Grade Gym and & Jam - Friday, October 13, 2017 at 6:15 p.m. at Wissahickon Middle School
- Family Halloween Party - Friday, October 27, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
- Breakfast with a Buddy (LGE families A-L) - Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 7:45 a.m.
- Breakfast with a Buddy (LGE families M-Z) - Friday, November 3, 2017 at 7:45 a.m.
- Harlem Wizards - Friday, November 10, 2017 in the Wissahickon High School Circle Gym at 6:30 p.m.
- Book Fair - Monday, November 20 through Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- Family Movie Night - Friday, December 1, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service - Monday, January 15, 2018
- Books Alive - Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
- International Night - Friday, February 9, 2018 at 6:45 p.m.
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon - Wednesday, February 14, 2018
- Day on the Slopes at Jack Frost - Friday, February 16, 2018
- Bingo Night - Friday, March 9, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
- Book Fair - Wednesday, March 21 through Friday, March 23, 2018
- NEW DATE: Applebee's Pancake Breakfast - Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
- STEM Night - Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
- Family Movie Night - Friday, April 27, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Staff Appreciation Week - Monday, April 30 through Friday, May 4, 2018
- Family Fun Night - Friday, May 4, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
How to Become a Volunteer
There are many opportunities for family members to become involved in their child’s education through the H&SA. If you would like to volunteer, be sure to refer to the requirements below.
To ensure the safety and welfare of students and personnel in the district and to comply with state and federal laws, Wissahickon School District implemented new school volunteer policies, WSD Board Policy #902 and Policy #806, and Guidelines Policy #806.1 related to the Child Protective Services Law and the PA School Code.
- Complete an annual WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement (for all returning and new volunteers)
- If you are a new volunteer, obtain and submit the
- Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- FBI Background Check (not required if you've been a Pennsylvania resident for ten consecutive years prior to the date of your volunteer application and you complete the Volunteer Disclosure Statement). More Information on Obtaining Clearances
- Submit WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement and clearances to the school your child attends.
- Once your paperwork has been processed, you will receive a link via your email to complete an online Child Abuse Recognition Training session. (For new volunteers)
to volunteer, please refer to the Requirements for Volunteering at WSD.
Volunteer Opportunities at LGE
- Coming soon! sign up to volunteer for Morning Miles
- Sign up for September & October Recess/Lunch Volunteer (All volunteers MUST submit the volunteer disclosure statement each year
- Click here for Guidelines for Recess/Lunch Volunteer
Support LGE Through Your Purchases
Please consider participating in the programs below and help support the wonderful programs run by the Lower Gwynedd Home and School Association. If you have any questions, please contact Siobhan Dowdy.
Box Top Collections: Cut and save Box Tops coupons from products. The Box Tops are redeemed for cash. LGE earns 10¢ per Box Top. Please put your box tops in a ziploc bag and label with your child’s name and classroom (ex. 1T) and send into school in their folder. This can be done at anytime, October through March. The boxtops will be count toward a monthly contest between classes. The winning classroom will be listed in the emailer.
Giant A+ School Rewards: To link your Giant Foods Bonus Card to LGE, please register your card on-line at giantfoodstores.com. After registering, click on "Savings" then click on "Rewards and Programs" and register LGE's code (25802) under "A+ School Rewards." will donate a portion of your purchase to our school. We accept any cards including relatives and neighbors. It will not affect your gas points or other rewards.
Amazon Smile: Next time you shop on Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com and select Lower Gwynedd Home & School Association in Ambler, PA as your preferred charity and we will receive 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases. It’s that easy! Click here to find out how to select LGE as your charity.
- Click here to join our e-mail list to receive weekly newsletters
- Click here for the 2017-2018 HSA Communication Plan
- Click here to Like us on Facebook
LGE Student Directory
- Click here for the LGE Online Student Directory (contact information for families in our school)
Executive Board 2017-2018
Joanna Bellinzoni, President
Tricia Carter, Co-Vice President
Kelly Baughman, Co-Vice President
Anelia McGoldrick , Secretary
Sandy Honeycutt, Volunteer Coordinator
Chastity Bruno, Email Coordinator
Maeve Doyle, Treasurer
Be a part of the LGE Home and School team! Contact a member
of the board directly for questions, comments, ideas or concerns. For general
inquiries, click here to email us.
- HSA Volunteer Interest Form - Please let us know your availability for upcoming events.
- HSA Membership Form - we invite you to be a member and help us reach 100% participation.
- HSA Direct Donation Form - Whether or not you choose to participate in the fundraisers, please consider making a direct donation to support HSA activities.
- HSA Deposit Form
- HSA Event Documentation & Feedback Form
- HSA Check Request/Reimbursement Form
Wissahickon Teachers and Staff: Apply for a Learning Grant
Driven by a common mission to support ongoing educational opportunities for Wissahickon students, WEOF and our Home and School Associations use a new Common Grant Application to streamline the grant application and approval process. Grants may be submitted by Wissahickon administrators, teachers, counselors, coaches and class/activity sponsors.