Home and School Association
Welcome to the Home & School Association at Wissahickon High School!
We hope that you will join us in our efforts to provide programs, activities, and services which benefit our students, teachers, staff, and families! The H&SA serves as a forum in which parents, teachers, administrators, and community members discuss ways to promote quality education, expand the arts, encourage Community involvement, and work for a healthy environment and safe neighborhoods.
2016-2017 H&SA Meetings - Open to all families!
- Tuesday, October 11 at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 15 at 9 a.m. in the Upper Café
- Tuesday, January 10 at 7 p.m. in room L06
- Tuesday, February 7 at 9 a.m. in the Upper Café
- Tuesday, March 7 at 7 p.m. in room L06
- Tuesday, April 4 at 9 a.m. in the Upper Café
- Tuesday, May 9 at 7 p.m. in room L06
2016-2017 Events and Activities
Your participation in H&SA activities is important and a great way to make a positive contribution for our students and staff.
How to Become a Volunteer
There are many opportunities for family members to become involved in their child’s education through the H&SA. If you would like to volunteer, be sure to refer to the requirements below.
To ensure the safety and welfare of students and personnel in the district and to comply with state and federal laws, Wissahickon School District implemented new school volunteer policies, WSD Board Policy #902 and Policy #806, and Guidelines Policy #806.1 related to the Child Protective Services Law and the PA School Code.
- Submit an annual WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement
- Obtain and submit the following clearances:
- Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- FBI Background Check (not required if you've been a Pennsylvania resident for ten consecutive years prior to the date of your volunteer application and you complete the Volunteer Disclosure Statement). More Information on Obtaining Clearances
- Complete an online Child Abuse Recognition Training session
All paperwork must be submitted to the school your child attends. For step by step instructions on completing the requirements to volunteer, please refer to the Requirements for Volunteering at WSD.
Join the WHS College Facebook Group for Parents/Guardians
We encourage our families to join the Wissahickon H&SA College Facebook Group. The sole purpose of this group is to discuss college and career preparation services relevant to our children in our community. Topics include:
- Academic programs in and out of school
- SAT and ACT tutors
- Community service and career awareness
- Access to our College Preparation Resource Guide, with resources from previous college fairs
Click here to access the group. Click 'Join' button at the top right of the webpage. Our administrator will receive your request and approve it if you’re a WHS H&SA member.
To contact an Admin of the Facebook group, click here to send an email.
Attention Wissahickon Teachers and Staff: Apply for a Learning Grant
Driven by a common mission to support ongoing educational opportunities for Wissahickon students, WEOF and our Home and School Associations use a new Common Grant Application to streamline the grant application and approval process. Grants may be submitted by Wissahickon administrators, teachers, counselors, coaches and class/activity sponsors.