State - Pennsylvania Department of Education and Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Resources for School Communities During COVID-19: PA Dept. of Health
- COVID Alert PA Mobile App
- Definition of Contact Tracing
County - Montgomery County, PA
- Montgomery County OPH Data Hub (Dashboard data by district)
- COVID-19 School Isolation and Quarantine Guide (updated 10/12/21)
- COVID-19: Who is a close contact? (updated 10/11/21)
- Montgomery County COVID-19 Testing Sites
Local - Wissahickon School District
- Daily Screening Tool for Students and Staff
- WSD Health and Safety Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions from our School Community
WSD COVID Case Reporting - Students and Staff
- If Wissahickon students or staff test positive or are exposed to a positive COVID case, please complete a report to notify our Nursing Department by clicking the links below:
- Asthma Action Plan
- Diabetes Action Plan
- Food Allergy Action Plan - English
- Food Allergy Action Plan - Spanish
- Seizure Action Plan
- Hand, Foot, Mouth
- Lyme Disease
- Pertussis Fact Sheet
- PA Mandated Health Services
- Strep Throat
- Cerebral Palsy
Epi Pen OPT OUT
The Pennsylvania Public School Code, Section 1414.2 (g) allows parents/guardians to request an exemption to the administration of an epinephrine auto-injector for their student. In order to request this exemption, contact the school nurse to make an appointment to discuss this decision, review and sign the opt-out form.
State required school immunizations
State required school immunizations are required within the first 5 days of school or your child will not be able to attend school. Any single dose vaccines (Tdap and Meningitis), are required by the first day of school.
Important Note about the
MCOPH has provided guidance for vaccinated individuals regarding school exclusions:
People who are vaccinated against COVID-19 do NOT need to quarantine after an exposure to another person with COVID-19 if they meet ALL of the following criteria:
- They are fully vaccinated (i.e. ≥2 weeks following receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series, or ≥2 weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine) AND
- They have remained asymptomatic since the current COVID-19 exposure.
NO HEALTH INSURANCE?
Immunizations Provided at No Cost by MCOPH
Beginning August 9, 2021, the Montgomery County Office of Public Health (MCOPH) will provide the required back-to-school immunizations at COVID-19 vaccination clinics for children who do not have health insurance.
The Certified School Nurse is committed to educational excellence, and enhances the educational process by the modification or removal of health-related barriers to learning and by the promotion of optimal level of wellness. This is accomplished within the frame work of the nursing process, which includes assessment, nursing diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
In an effort to promote health, prevent disease, and assist students to achieve his/her maximum potential as a learner, the school nurse addresses their health issues through the use of theory, interdisciplinary collaboration, community health systems, and research.