State - Pennsylvania Department of Education and Pennsylvania Department of Health
- COVID-19 Early Warning Monitoring System Dashboard: PA Dept. of Health
- Resources for School Communities During COVID-19: PA Dept. of Health
- COVID Alert PA Mobile App
- COVID-19 Exclusion and Return to School Guide (updated 5/3/21)
- Montgomery County COVID-19 Testing Sites
Local - Wissahickon School District
- Asthma Action Plan
- Diabetes Action Plan
- Food Allergy Action Plan - English
- Food Allergy Action Plan - Spanish
- Seizure Action Plan
- Hand, Foot, Mouth
- Lyme Disease
- Pertussis Fact Sheet
- PA Mandated Health Services
- Strep Throat
- Cerebral Palsy
Epi Pen OPT OUT
The Pennsylvania Public School Code, Section 1414.2 (g) allows parents/guardians to request an exemption to the administration of an epinephrine auto-injector for their student. In order to request this exemption, contact the school nurse to make an appointment to discuss this decision, review and sign the opt-out form.
The Certified School Nurse is committed to educational excellence, and enhances the educational process by the modification or removal of health-related barriers to learning and by the promotion of optimal level of wellness. This is accomplished within the frame work of the nursing process, which includes assessment, nursing diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
In an effort to promote health, prevent disease, and assist students to achieve his/her maximum potential as a learner, the school nurse addresses their health issues through the use of theory, interdisciplinary collaboration, community health systems, and research.