Important Information for New Registrants to the Wissahickon School District:
In light of the current pandemic, we are working diligently to maintain and promote the safety of our students, our teachers, and our community.
The district also abides by the guidance provided at the following website, “COVID-19 Information for Travelers.” This includes information for those traveling to Pennsylvania from other states and international locations. You are encouraged to visit this site to learn how these guidelines apply to your particular situation.
We thank you for your patience and support of our continuing efforts to ensure the safety of you, your family, and the rest of the WissNation community.
Welcome to the Wissahickon School District, a district that is home to a rich and diverse student learning community. We are confident that your child will thrive in this exciting learning community.
*Please do not withdraw your child from their current school until your child is fully registered
in our district.
The REGISTRATION Process
To be eligible for registration, a parent or guardian must be able to provide the required documentation listed below, including the listed documents showing they have legal residency in their name within the boundaries of the Wissahickon School District. To determine which school your child will attend, click on MY SCHOOL LOCATOR and type in your address.
- The district has a pre-registration questionnaire that must be completed before starting the registration process. Once the pre-registration questionnaire is received by the registration office, you will then be issued your official online registration link to register your child. To get started, please email the District Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 215-619-8000 x 1408.
* PLEASE DO NOT SEND DOCUMENTS DIRECTLY TO THE REGISTRAR EMAIL ADDRESS
- There are before and after school care services available to our families. Each elementary school has both a Before and After School Program run through the Ambler YMCA. In addition to meeting the daily needs of working parents, the program also provides full day care services during in-service days and snow days. Please contact the Ambler Area YMCA for more information - https://www.philaymca.org/child-care
The Wissahickon School District must follow all Pennsylvania Department of Health mandates as they pertain to immunizations. All parents/guardians must show proof of immunizations, and they must be up to date. If your child was born outside of the U.S. or has traveled outside of the U.S. in their lifetime, additional paperwork may be required. Again, we must ensure that we are in compliance with the Pennsylvania Department of Health requirements. Please contact the District Registrar for more information.
All of the required documents must be submitted at the time of the registration in order to complete the process. One or more missing documents further delays the completion of the registration.
WHEN COMPLETING THE ONLINE REGISTRATION APPLICATION, Please note that all documents must be provided in PDF or JPG format.
Proof of Age
The child must be 5 years old on or before September 1 in the year the student is to begin kindergarten to be eligible for admittance. School board policy does not allow for any exceptions to this date. Must provide one (1) of the following documents.
- State Certified Birth Certificate
- Valid Passport (not expired); if you do not share the same last name as your child a state certified birth certificate is required
Identification for Parent/Guardian
Parent/Guardian must provide one (1) of the following documents.
- Current driver's license (not expired)
- Current government issued photo ID
- Valid passport (not expired)
Proof of Residency
Parent/Guardian must provide one (1) of the following documents.
- Property deed
- Mortgage bill (not older than 30 days)
- Most recent property tax bill (for current school year)
- Residential lease (must show signatures of tenant and landlord to be valid)
A recently signed agreement of sale or settlement document may be used in lieu of any of the above. Must have settlement date and signatures of buyer and seller to be valid.
Verification of Residential Address
As an additional step of the registration process, the parent/guardian must provide two (2) of the documents below and not from the same company. These documents must be current (not older than 30 days). These documents serve to verify that you are current residents of the Wissahickon School District. If you have paperless billing, please log into your account and download a copy to submit. Please ensure the bill you submit shows your name and address on it.
Parent/Guardian must provide two (2) of the following documents.
- Electric bill
- Gas bill
- Oil bill
- Water bill
- Phone or cable bill
Proof of Immunization
Immunization record from physician.
All students must comply with PA Department of Health requirements and must receive the following immunizations prior to registration:
4 doses that include:Tetanus
In addition, students entering grades 7-12 must receive the following immunizations prior to registration.
1 dose (grades 7-11)
Custody Order (IF Applicable)
If there is a legally signed court order that applies to the incoming student, please make this known at the time of completing the pre-registration questionnaire and submit at time of registration.
Special Education (If applicable)
- Individualized Education Program (I.E.P.)
- Gifted Individualized Educational Program (G.I.E.P.)
- Evaluation Report (E.R.)
- Notice of Recommended Educational Program (N.O.R.E.P)
Most Recent Report Card/Transcript (Grades 6-12 only)
For students entering grades 6-12, you will need to make a separate appointment with the assigned school counselor once your registration is completed with the District Registrar. This will confirm the appropriate placement and class selection for your child. A most recent report card or transcript is needed for this appointment with the school counselor. This information enables the school to create an appropriate schedule before the student arrives for their first day of school.
* Any parent or guardian seeking to enroll a child who is unable to provide one or more of the above listed documents should contact the registration office. The Wissahickon School District is committed to timely enrolling all eligible students consistent with applicable law. If a parent/guardian is unable to complete email registration the parent or guardian should contact the registration office for further assistance.