As part of Wissahickon School District software license agreement with Microsoft, the District is able to offer Microsoft Office 365 to students in Grades 3-12. Office 365's productivity suite enables students and teachers to share documents, access Microsoft software applications online and work collaboratively. In addition to the online version of Office 365, students can also download the client version.
Office 365 Installation Steps
- Students and staff can download up to five copies of Office 365 for Business on their devices. Go to portal.office.com and log in with your WSD email address and password. Click on INSTALL NOW in the box on the right to get started. Read the Installation and Support Guide for Office 365 for Business if you need assistance.
- Activate with your Office 365 Organizational Account
- E-mail: Last two digits of your graduation year + First Initial of First Name + Last Name + @wsdweb.org (Ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Current WSD network password
Important Note: Microsoft's guidelines allow WSD student use of the software until they graduate or are no longer attending a WSD school. Once you are no longer attending WSD and your Office 365 account is disabled, Microsoft will disable your access to Office 365 ProPlus.
Please refer to the Microsoft's Office in Education website for complete details.
Wissahickon School District does NOT provide support on home installation of Office 365. Please refer to the Installation and Support Guide and/or the Office 365 FAQ.
Frequently asked questions
What is Office 365 Education?
Office 365 Education is a collection of services that allows you to collaborate and share your schoolwork. It’s available for free to students who are currently attending an academic institution. Office 365 Education includes Office Online (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote), 1TB of OneDrive storage, Yammer, and SharePoint sites. Some schools allow students to install the full Office applications on up to 5 PCs or Macs for free. If your school provides this additional benefit, you'll see the Install Office button on your Office 365 home page after you complete sign-up.
How long can I use this plan for?
You can use the plan until you graduate or are no longer enrolled at a school. Your student eligibility may be re-verified at any time. When your Office 365 Education plan expires:
- If you are using the full, installed Office applications, the Office applications will enter a reduced-functionality mode, which means that you can view documents, but you cannot edit or create new documents.
- Online services associated with the school email address—for example, Office Online and OneDrive—will no longer work.
Who manages the OneDrive account provided with this offer?
This account is associated with the school and should be used for school-appropriate content, such as homework and schoolwork. Permissions and access can be changed by the school’s IT administrator at any time.
Can I share the plan with others?
Office 365 Education is licensed for use only by the individual student.
What are the minimum system requirements for Office 365 Education?
To install Office 365 Education, your PC or Mac must meet the minimum system requirements. View the system requirements. Refer to the section under Office 365 subscription plans > Office 365 plans for business, education and government.