The Wissahickon School District Transportation Department currently transports approximately 6,500 students to over 85 schools with approximately 70 buses and 20 vans. Using district-owned vehicles for less than 50% of the routes, the vehicles are housed at our Transportation Department, which is located in Blue Bell. The remainder of the bus routes are contracted with a local based facility, First Student, which is 100% dedicated to the district. The Transportation Department is continually striving to uphold the high standards of safety and efficiency.
Please take a moment to review the Wissahickon School District School Bus Guidelines.
- Please note that afternoon drop-off times may vary due to traffic, weather, ridership, and other circumstances.
- Please drive safely and obey the Pennsylvania School Bus Stopping Laws. We want to insure the safety of all our students!
- PA State law requires that School Bus Evacuation Drills to be held twice a year. Once in the beginning of the school year, the second in the month of March. Drills should be performed on school grounds. The purpose of these drills is to educate students in the event of an actual emergency.
- In the event of a two-hour delay, please have your student at their stop two (2) hours later than their normal schedule.
2019-2020 bus school information will be available in August 2019.
For families with students in non-public schools that require Wissahickon transportation
In the event of inclement weather or a school emergency that results in early dismissal, late arrival of students or the closing of Wissahickon schools, the Wissahickon School District notifies the community via:
- Push notification via the FREE WSD mobile app. Download the mobile app from the App Store of the mobile device and a message will automatically pop up your phone. (please allow push notifications from the WSD mobile app; these notifications are controlled within the app and do not affect your text message plan.)
- WSD Facebook (Wissahickon School District), Twitter (@WissahickonSD) and Instagram (@wissahickonschooldistrict)
- Pop-up message on the district homepage: https://www.wsdweb.org/
- Message on WTV (Wissahickon Television) Comcast Channel 28, Verizon Channel 41
Under the circumstances of a delayed opening: All Wissahickon transportation is delayed regardless if the non-public school is also delayed or not.
Under the circumstances of an early dismissal: Families with students in non-public schools should contact their school directly for PM transportation plans.
For questions, families should directly contact the school for which their student(s) are enrolled, not the Wissahickon School District Transportation Department.