The Transportation Department currently transports approximately 6,500 students to over 85 schools with approximately 70 buses and 20 vans housed at our Transportation Department in Blue Bell. The District contracts with First Student for most of our bus routes. The Transportation Department is continually striving to uphold the high standards of safety and efficiency.
Please take a moment to review the Wissahickon School District School Bus Guidelines.
- Please note that afternoon drop-off times may vary due to traffic, weather, ridership, and other circumstances.
- Please drive safely and obey the Pennsylvania School Bus Stopping Laws. We want to insure the safety of all our students!
- PA State law requires that School Bus Evacuation Drills to be held twice a year to educate students in the event of an actual emergency. We hold ours at the beginning of the school year and in the March and they are performed on school grounds.
- In the event of a two-hour delay, please have your student at their stop two (2) hours later than their normal schedule.
For families with students in non-public schools that require Wissahickon transportation
In the event of inclement weather or a school emergency that results in early dismissal, late arrival of students or the closing of Wissahickon schools, the Wissahickon School District notifies the community via:
- Push notification via the FREE WSD mobile app. Download the mobile app from the App Store of the mobile device and a message will automatically pop up your phone. (please allow push notifications from the WSD mobile app; these notifications are controlled within the app and do not affect your text message plan.)
- WSD Facebook (Wissahickon School District), Twitter (@WissahickonSD) and Instagram (@wissahickonschooldistrict)
- Pop-up message on the district homepage: https://www.wsdweb.org/
- TV Stations 3, 6, 10 and 29
- KYW NewsRadio - School Closing Number 314
Under the circumstances of a delayed opening: All Wissahickon transportation is delayed regardless if the non-public school is also delayed or not.
Under the circumstances of an early dismissal: Families with students in non-public schools should contact their school directly for PM transportation plans.
For questions, families should directly contact the school for which their student(s) are enrolled, not the Wissahickon School District Transportation Department.
215 - 619-8114
ext. 1800 or 1810
4:30pm - 6:00pm
Please contact First Student