New Property Tax Rebate Program
The Wissahickon School District has a new way in which some of our taxpayers can benefit from tax relief. At the June 8, 2020 meeting, the Wissahickon School District Board of School Directors unanimously approved a revised property tax rebate program that will see a discount of up to $195 for certain homeowners and renters. To qualify for this discount, applicants must:
- have a household income of no more than $35,000 annually, and:
- be 65 years of age or older; or
- be a widow and widower aged 50 years of age or older; or
- be permanently disabled and 18 years of age or older.
The property tax and rent rebate program is based on the existing Pennsylvania Property Tax and Rent Rebate program. Wissahickon School District homeowners and renters must qualify for the state rebate program to qualify for the district rebate program. Wissahickon School District is granting a 30 percent rebate as follows:
- 30 percent (maximum $195) annual rebate for Wissahickon homeowners and renters with a yearly household income between $0 to $8,000;
- 30 percent (maximum $150) annual rebate for Wissahickon homeowners and renters with a yearly household income between $8,001 to $15,000;
- 30 percent (maximum $90) annual rebate for Wissahickon homeowners with a yearly household income between $15,001 to $18,000; and
- 30 percent (maximum $75) annual rebate for Wissahickon homeowners with a yearly household income between $18,001 to $35,000.
For those who qualify for the Tax Rebate Program, follow the links below or visit or call your local legislator.
Individuals can download this "fillable" form to apply (effective from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021). Type in the sections highlighted in BLUE, print and sign the form prior to submission.
If you have trouble downloading the fillable form, you may print this version: Printable PDF Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How is the rebate received?
Q: When can the rebate be expected?
A: Within 30 days of the completed application being received by the school district.
Q: Do I need to attach a copy of my school tax bill?
A: No copies of any tax bills are needed.
Q: What can I use if I do not have a copy of form PA-1000?
A: Please seek assistance from your local state representative's office.
Q: Will a bank statement be sufficient as a receipt of the amount set forth as requested in Part D, line (b)?
Q: What other method of proof may I provide for my receipt of amount set forth in Part D, line (b)?
A: Please click here to access a print out of information needed
Q: Is this school property tax rebate yearly or a one-time rebate?
A: It was approved by the Wissahickon School District Board of School Directors for the 2020-2021 year. The board will consider extending the program as part of the 2021-2022 budget process.
Q: Is anyone available at the district level to answer questions?
A: Members of the Wissahickon School District Business Office can answer questions, but cannot assist in completing the form. Please contact 215-619-8020 with questions.