The Wissahickon Board of School Directors is governed by nine citizens elected at large by voters of the district. The Board operates under the authority granted it by the Pennsylvania Public School Code of 1949; Title 22, Education, of the Pennsylvania Code; and regulations of the State Board of Education. The Board's meetings are held in accordance with Act 84 of 1986 and Act 20 of 1993 of the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
As the elected governing body of Wissahickon School District, the School Directors are responsible for:
- Policy making for school district operations
- Designating the chief executive
- Planning, goal setting and appraisal
- Adopting an annual budget and appropriation measures.
- Exercising its taxing power to provide funds for the operation of the District.
- Considering and passing upon the recommendations of the Superintendent in all matters of policy, appointment or dismissal of employees, salary schedules or other personnel regulations, courses of study, selection of textbooks, or other matters pertaining to the welfare of schools.
- Informing the public concerning the progress and needs of the schools, and to solicit and weigh public opinion as it affects the schools.
There are no events to display