The Wissahickon Board of School Directors is governed by nine citizens elected at large by voters of the district. The Board operates under the authority granted it by the Pennsylvania Public School Code of 1949; Title 22, Education, of the Pennsylvania Code; and regulations of the State Board of Education. The Board's meetings are held in accordance with Act 84 of 1986 and Act 20 of 1993 of the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
As the elected governing body of Wissahickon School District, the School Directors are responsible for:
- Policy making for school district operations
- Designating the chief executive
- Planning, goal setting and appraisal
- Adopting an annual budget and appropriation measures.
- Exercising its taxing power to provide funds for the operation of the District.
- Considering and passing upon the recommendations of the Superintendent in all matters of policy, appointment or dismissal of employees, salary schedules or other personnel regulations, courses of study, selection of textbooks, or other matters pertaining to the welfare of schools.
- Informing the public concerning the progress and needs of the schools, and to solicit and weigh public opinion as it affects the schools.
Wissahickon BoardDocs: School Board Meeting Agendas, Minutes, Board Q&A, and Board Policies
Beginning summer 2023, the Wissahickon School District now uses BoardDocs, an online school board management tool. BoardDocs is the new home for public meeting information (e.g., meeting agendas and minutes, and Board Q&A), Board bios, and board policies. Click on the blue button below, CLICK HERE: WISSAHICKON COMMUNITY, to navigate to the public site of BoardDocs.
For board meeting archives, including agendas, minutes, and video links, please scroll down to Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes Archives under Board Operations on this webpage.