Welcome to the Home and School Association at Blue Bell Elementary!
The Home & School Association supports many exciting events at Blue Bell Elementary. We work with the principal and staff to provide inspirational programs for the students. There are many ways for families to be involved.
The H&SA kicks off each school year with a Membership Drive for all of our BBE families. We are requesting that all families formally join the H&SA in the beginning of the year. The purpose of becoming a member and paying an annual fee is the help the H&SA offset the costs of ongoing programs for your children throughout the year. Here some examples of various programs:
- Family Fun Nights
- Staff Appreciation Luncheons
- Breakfast with a Buddy
- Visiting Author Visit
- Fully Funded Assemblies
2019-2020 General Meetings
All Blue Bell Elementary families are invited to attend the general meetings in the Blue Bell Elementary library at 7:00 p.m.
- October 3, 2019
- December 5, 2019
- February 6, 2020
- April 2, 2020
- June 4, 2020
2019-2020 Events and Activities
- Water Ice Social - Friday, September 20 at 6:00 p.m.
- Fall Fest - Friday, October 18 at 6:30 p.m.
- Book Fair - Tuesday, November 19 through Tuesday, November 26
- Holiday Shop - Thursday, December 13 (Grades K-2) and Friday, December 13 (Grades 3-5)
- Breakfast with a Buddy (Grades K-2) - Thursday, January 9 at 7:45 a.m.
- Breakfast with a Buddy (Grades 3-5) - Thursday, January 16 at 7:45 a.m.
- Designer Bag Bingo - Friday, March 20 at 7:00 p.m. at the Centre Square Fire House
- Boosterthon Fun Run - Friday, May 1
- End of Year Social - TBD
How to Become a Volunteer
There are many opportunities for family members to become involved in their child’s education through the H&SA. If you would like to volunteer, be sure to refer to the requirements below.
To ensure the safety and welfare of students and personnel in the district and to comply with state and federal laws, Wissahickon School District implemented new school volunteer policies, WSD Board Policy #902 and Policy #806, and Guidelines Policy #806.1 related to the Child Protective Services Law and the PA School Code.
District Volunteer Policy - Who needs full clearances? Q & A
- Complete an annual WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement (for all returning and new volunteers)
- If you are a new volunteer, obtain and submit the following clearances:
- Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- FBI Fingerprints (Act 114) - Effective November 28, 2017 there is a new provider.
- Enter your service code (1KG6Y3 for Volunteering)
- Complete registration process
- Select a location & appointment time.
- Print the pre-enrollment form to take to your appointment with a check, money order or credit card.
- NOTE: (FBI clearance is not required if you've been a Pennsylvania resident for ten consecutive years prior to the date of your volunteer application and you complete the Volunteer Disclosure Statement)
- Submit WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement and clearances to the school your child attends.
- Once your paperwork has been processed, you will receive a link via your email to complete an online Child Abuse Recognition Training session. (For new volunteers)
For step by step instructions on completing the requirements
to volunteer, please refer to the Requirements for Volunteering at WSD.
Volunteer Opportunities at BBE - Clearances Required!
Lunch Duty: Lunch duty is 10:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. every day of the week (except for half days). Volunteers will help keep everyone safe and happy at recess and can then help in the lunch room. You do not need to come during the entire 2-hour window; come as long as you can and leave when you need to.
Support BBE Through Your Purchases
Please consider participating in the programs below to help support the programs run through the Blue Bell Elementary Home and School Association. Your purchases will help fund Assemblies, Family Fun Nights, Breakfast with a Buddy, and much more!
Box Tops 4 Education
Send in Box Tops with your children. Click here to print out collection sheets.
Giant A+ School Rewards
Click here to register your Giant card. Scroll down to the center of the page and select register your card from the red box on the right. Our School Code is 24066. Giant will donate a portion of your purchase to our school.
Click here and sign in to you Amazon account. Select Blue Bell Elementary H&SA as your preferred Charity. When you shop, 0.5% of all eligible purchases will go to Blue Bell!
Click here to sign up. Choose Blue Bell Elementary H&SA as your beneficiary. You can also download the Benefit app for your smartphone. Buy gift cards before you shop and earn money for Blue Bell.