Home & School Association
Welcome to the Home and School Association at Lower Gwynedd Elementary!
The LGE Home & School Association (H&SA) is comprised of many volunteers who serve as Board Members, Committee/Event Chairs, Committee Members, and all interested members of the LG community. The H&SA has planned wonderful events and activities for the school year. There are many ways for families to be involved.
2018-2019 H&SA Meeting Dates
All meetings are held in the LGE Library from 7:00 -8:00 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
- Tuesday, September 25, 2018
- Tuesday, December 4, 2018
- Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019
2018-2019 Events and Activities
- Back to School Picnic - Friday, September 7, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. (Rain Date: 9/14/18)
- Fitness Fun Night - Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
- Family Halloween Bingo Night - Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
- Breakfast with a Buddy (LGE families A-L) - Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 7:45 a.m.
- Breakfast with a Buddy (LGE families M-Z) - Friday, November 2, 2018 at 7:45 a.m.
- Harlem Wizards - Saturday, November 17, 2018 in the Wissahickon High School Circle Gym at 6:30 p.m.
- Book Fair - Monday, November 19 through Wednesday, November 21, 2018
- Family Movie Night - Friday, December 7, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Books Alive - Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service - Monday, January 21, 2019
- Applebee's Pancake Breakfast - Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 8:00 a.m.
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon - Thursday, February 14, 2019
- Day on the Slopes at Jack Frost - Friday, February 15, 2019
- Family Fun Night: Brain Challenge - Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
- Book Fair - Wednesday, March 27 through Friday, March 29, 2019
- LGE's Got Talent Show Dress Rehearsal - Friday, April 5, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in the Wissahickon High School Audion
- LGE's Got Talent Show - Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in the Wissahickon High School Audion
- STEM Night - Friday, May 10, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
- Staff Appreciation Week - Monday, May 5 through Friday, May 10, 2019
How to Become a Volunteer
There are many opportunities for family members to become involved in their child’s education through the H&SA. If you would like to volunteer, be sure to refer to the requirements below.
To ensure the safety and welfare of students and personnel in the district and to comply with state and federal laws, Wissahickon School District implemented new school volunteer policies, WSD Board Policy #902 and Policy #806, and Guidelines Policy #806.1 related to the Child Protective Services Law and the PA School Code.
- Complete an annual WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement (for all returning and new volunteers)
- If you are a new volunteer, obtain and submit the following clearances:
- Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- FBI Fingerprints (Act 114) - Effective November 28, 2017 there is a new provider.
- Enter your service code (1KG6Y3 for Volunteering)
- Complete registration process
- Select a location & appointment time.
- Print the pre-enrollment form to take to your appointment with a check, money order or credit card.
- NOTE: (FBI clearance is not required if you've been a Pennsylvania resident for ten consecutive years prior to the date of your volunteer application and you complete the Volunteer Disclosure Statement)
- Submit WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement and clearances to the school your child attends.
- Once your paperwork has been processed, you will receive a link via your email to complete an online Child Abuse Recognition Training session. (For new volunteers)
For step by step instructions on completing the requirements to volunteer, please refer to the Requirements for Volunteering at WSD.
Volunteer Opportunities at LGE
- Morning Miles
- Recess and Lunch Volunteer (All volunteers MUST submit the volunteer disclosure statement each year
Support LGE Through Your Purchases
Please consider participating in the programs below and help support the wonderful programs run by the Lower Gwynedd Home and School Association. If you have any questions, please contact Siobhan Dowdy.
Box Top Collections: Cut and save Box Tops coupons from products. The Box Tops are redeemed for cash. LGE earns 10¢ per Box Top. Please put your box tops in a ziploc bag and label with your child’s name and classroom (ex. 1T) and send into school in their folder. This can be done at anytime, October through March. The boxtops will be count toward a monthly contest between classes. The winning classroom will be listed in the emailer.
Giant A+ School Rewards: New Supporters or Former Supporters who wishing to make changes
- Visit giantfoodstores.com and select “SIGN IN” at the top right to log into your online account. Once logged in, select “MY ACCOUNT”, followed by “MANAGE MY ACCOUNT”, then “REWARDS & SAVINGS” to select your school.
- If you do not have an online account, visit giantfoodstores.com and click “REGISTER”. Follow the prompts to create your online account. Once logged in, follow the same instructions as noted above.
- You’ll need your 11-digit BonusCard® number and the School ID number (ID# 25802). If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
* Former Supporters DO NOT need to register their card
Amazon Smile: Next time you shop on Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com and select Lower Gwynedd Home & School Association in Ambler, PA as your preferred charity and we will receive 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases. It’s that easy! Click here to find out how to select LGE as your charity.
- Join our weekly email newsletter
- Contact the Board with general questions
- 2018-2019 HSA Communication Plan
- Like Us on Facebook
LGE Student Directory
- The Student Directory is available in the LGE H&SA weekly E-mailer.
Executive Board 2018-2019
Kelly Baughman, Co-President
Grace Pak, Co-President
Katie Smith, Vice President
Anelia McGoldrick , Secretary
Amy Nucera, Volunteer Coordinator
Amy Seponara-Sills, Email Coordinator
Suzanne Shaffer, Treasurer
Fifth Grade Committee
Siobhan Dowdy, Committee Chair
Questions, comments and/or ideas regarding 5th grade events and activities, click here to email the fifth grade committee.
- H&SA Volunteer Interest Form - Please let us know your availability for upcoming events.
- H&SA Event Documentation & Feedback Form
- H&SA Membership Form - we invite you to be a member and help us reach 100% participation.
- H&SA Direct Donation Form - Whether or not you choose to participate in the fundraisers, please consider making a direct donation to support H&SA activities.
- H&SA Check Request/Reimbursement Form
Wissahickon Teachers and Staff: Apply for a Learning Grant
Driven by a common mission to support ongoing educational opportunities for Wissahickon students, WEOF and our Home and School Associations use a new Common Grant Application to streamline the grant application and approval process. Grants may be submitted by Wissahickon administrators, teachers, counselors, coaches and class/activity sponsors.