Home & School Association
Welcome to the Home and School Association at Lower Gwynedd Elementary!
The LGE Home & School Association (H&SA) is comprised of many volunteers who serve as Board Members, Committee/Event Chairs, Committee Members, and all interested members of the LG community. The H&SA has planned wonderful events and activities for the school year. There are many ways for families to be involved.
2019-2020 H&SA Meeting Dates
All meetings are held in the LGE Library from 7:00 -8:00 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
- Tuesday, September 24
- Thursday, February 20
- Thursday, April 2
2019-2020 Events and Activities
- Back to School Picnic - Thursday, September 5 at 6:00 p.m.
- Fitness Fun Night - Thursday, October 10 at 6:30 p.m.
- Family Halloween Bingo Night - Thursday, October 24 at 6:30 p.m.
- Breakfast with a Buddy - Wednesday, November 13 through Friday, November 15 at 7:45 a.m.
- Fifth Grade Gym and Jam - Friday, November 15 at 6:15 p.m.
- Book Fair - Monday, November 25 through Wednesday, November 27
- Family Movie Night - Friday, December 6 at 7:00 p.m.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service - Monday, January 20
- Math Night - Thursday, January 30 at 6:30 p.m.
- Applebee's Pancake Breakfast - Saturday, February 8 at 8:00 a.m.
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon - Thursday, February 13
- Day on the Slopes at Jack Frost - Friday, February 14
- Books Alive - Thursday, February 27 at 6:30 p.m.
- Family Fun Night: Brain Challenge - Thursday, February 27 at 6:30 p.m.
- Book Fair - Wednesday, March 18 through Friday, March 20
- LGE's Got Talent Show Dress Rehearsal - Thursday, April 16 at 6:30 p.m. in the Wissahickon High School Auditorium
- LGE's Got Talent Show - Friday, April 24 at 6:30 p.m. in the Wissahickon High School Auditorium
- Staff Appreciation Day: Thursday, May 7 and Friday, May 8
- International Night: May 15 at 6:30 p.m.
How to Become a Volunteer
There are many opportunities for family members to become involved in their child’s education through the H&SA. If you would like to volunteer, be sure to refer to the requirements below.
To ensure the safety and welfare of students and personnel in the district and to comply with state and federal laws, Wissahickon School District implemented new school volunteer policies, WSD Board Policy #902 and Policy #806, and Guidelines Policy #806.1 related to the Child Protective Services Law and the PA School Code.
- Complete an annual WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement (for all returning and new volunteers)
- If you are a new volunteer, obtain and submit the following clearances:
- Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- FBI Fingerprints (Act 114) - Effective November 28, 2017 there is a new provider.
- Enter your service code (1KG6Y3 for Volunteering)
- Complete registration process
- Select a location & appointment time.
- Print the pre-enrollment form to take to your appointment with a check, money order or credit card.
- NOTE: (FBI clearance is not required if you've been a Pennsylvania resident for ten consecutive years prior to the date of your volunteer application and you complete the Volunteer Disclosure Statement)
- Submit WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement and clearances to the school your child attends.
- Once your paperwork has been processed, you will receive a link via your email to complete an online Child Abuse Recognition Training session. (For new volunteers)
For step by step instructions on completing the requirements to volunteer, please refer to the Requirements for Volunteering at WSD.
Volunteer Opportunities at LGE
- Morning Miles
- Recess and Lunch Volunteer (All volunteers MUST submit the volunteer disclosure statement each year
Support LGE Through Your Purchases
Please consider participating in the programs below and help support the wonderful programs run by the Lower Gwynedd Home and School Association.
Box Top Collections: Cut and save Box Tops coupons from products. The Box Tops are redeemed for cash. LGE earns 10¢ per Box Top. Please put your box tops in a ziploc bag and label with your child’s name and classroom (ex. 1T) and send into school in their folder. This can be done at anytime, October through March. The boxtops will be count toward a monthly contest between classes. The winning classroom will be listed in the emailer.
Giant A+ School Rewards: New Supporters or Former Supporters who wishing to make changes
- Visit giantfoodstores.com and select “SIGN IN” at the top right to log into your online account. Once logged in, select “MY ACCOUNT”, followed by “MANAGE MY ACCOUNT”, then “REWARDS & SAVINGS” to select your school.
- If you do not have an online account, visit giantfoodstores.com and click “REGISTER”. Follow the prompts to create your online account. Once logged in, follow the same instructions as noted above.
- You’ll need your 11-digit BonusCard® number and the School ID number (ID# 25802). If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
* Former Supporters DO NOT need to register their card
Amazon Smile: Next time you shop on Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com and select Lower Gwynedd Home & School Association in Ambler, PA as your preferred charity and we will receive 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases. It’s that easy! Click here to find out how to select LGE as your charity.
Executive Board 2019-2020
- Co-presidents: Katie Smith and Tracy Pavlovic
- Vice President: Anelia McGoldrick
- Treasurer: Suzanne Shaffer
- Secretary: Shannon Taylor
- Communications/Emailer: Amy Seponara
- Volunteer Coordinator: Amy Nucera
- H&SA Volunteer Interest Form - Please let us know your availability for upcoming events.
- H&SA Event Documentation & Feedback Form
- H&SA Membership Form - we invite you to be a member and help us reach 100% participation.
- H&SA Direct Donation Form - Whether or not you choose to participate in the fundraisers, please consider making a direct donation to support H&SA activities.
- H&SA Check Request/Reimbursement Form
Wissahickon Teachers and Staff: Apply for a Learning Grant
Driven by a common mission to support ongoing educational opportunities for Wissahickon students, WEOF and our Home and School Associations use a new Common Grant Application to streamline the grant application and approval process. Grants may be submitted by Wissahickon administrators, teachers, counselors, coaches and class/activity sponsors.