Home and School Association
Welcome to the Home and School Association at Shady Grove Elementary!
The Home & School Association supports many exciting activities at Shady Grove, working closely with the principal, faculty and staff to provide enriching programs for students. There are many ways for parents to be involved!
Pay your H&SA dues quick and easy using PayPal now!
SG H&SA spends approximately $70 per child every year for educational programs, field trip subsidies, assemblies, author visits and more! We hold several fundraisers throughout the year to raise funds and rely on parents to volunteer and participate, but we understand that not all parents have the time to dedicate to these efforts, so we're making it easier to help in a different way. If you'd like to make a donation directly to help support the H&SA, click Donate Now.
2020-2021 H&SA General Meeting Dates
Thursday, October 15, 2020
Thursday, November 19, 2020
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Thursday, March 18, 2021
Thursday, May 13, 2021
How to Become a Volunteer
There are many opportunities for family members to become involved in their child’s education through the H&SA. If you would like to volunteer, be sure to refer to the requirements below.
To ensure the safety and welfare of students and personnel in the district and to comply with state and federal laws, Wissahickon School District implemented new school volunteer policies, WSD Board Policy #902 and Policy #806, and Guidelines Policy #806.1 related to the Child Protective Services Law and the PA School Code.
- Complete an annual WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement (for all returning and new volunteers)
- If you are a new volunteer, obtain and submit the following clearances:
- Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- FBI Fingerprints (Act 114) - Effective November 28, 2017 there is a new provider.
- Enter your service code (1KG6Y3 for Volunteering)
- Complete registration process
- Select a location & appointment time.
- Print the pre-enrollment form to take to your appointment with a check, money order or credit card.
- NOTE: (FBI clearance is not required if you've been a Pennsylvania resident for ten consecutive years prior to the date of your volunteer application and you complete the Volunteer Disclosure Statement)
- Submit WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement and clearances to the school your child attends.
- Once your paperwork has been processed, you will receive a link via your email to complete an online Child Abuse Recognition Training session. (For new volunteers)
For step by step instructions on completing the requirements
to volunteer, please refer to the Requirements for Volunteering at WSD.
Volunteer Opportunities at SGE
Whether you have a little time to give or a lot, there are many fun and rewarding ways to volunteer at our school including at lunch/recess, the school store, in the library or community garden!
Support SGE Through Your Purchases
Please consider participating in the programs below and help support the wonderful programs run through the Shady Grove Home and School Association.
Amazon Smile: Shop using Amazon Smile. Select Shady Grove Home and School Association in Ambler, PA as your preferred Charity. 0.5% off all purchases will go to help Shady Grove. http://smile.amazon.com
Box Tops Collections: Send in Box Tops with your Child. Teachers have collections Boxes in their classrooms.http://www.boxtops4education.com
Blue Bell Pizza: http://www.bluebellpizza.com/: mention SGE when you place your order and 10% will be donated back to the school; eat-in, take out & delivery (available to all Shady Grove households)
EScrip: Earn money for Shady Grove and shop with Escrip. http://www.escrip.com
Giant A+ School Rewards: Register your Giant Card. Giant will donate a portion of your purchase to our school. http://giantfood.com/aplus/register-card/ School Code: 26406
Hanes for Education: If you order Hanes or Champion T-Shirts (sports teams, business, etc) from a supplier, submit a rebate form to support Shady Grove. Shady Grove will receive $0.10 per shirt http://hanes4education.com/Home.aspx
Executive Board 2020-2021
- Co-Presidents: Sari Fisher & Ashley Han
- Co-Treasurers: Hannah Lee & Ali Tantino
- Secretary: Sheylea Brusca
- Hospitality Coordinator: Stephanie Speece
- Volunteer Coordinator: Holly Gruszka
- Special Programs Coordinator: Tara Bahn
- Communications Coordinator: TBD
- Fifth Grade Committee Co-Coordinators: Meagan Le, Dawn Lieberman & Caroline Spellman
Wissahickon Teachers and Staff: Apply for a Learning Grant
Driven by a common mission to support ongoing educational opportunities for Wissahickon students, WEOF and our Home and School Associations use a new Common Grant Application to streamline the grant application and approval process. Grants may be submitted by Wissahickon administrators, teachers, counselors, coaches and class/activity sponsors.