School Community Programs
- Community Kids Club: The Community Kids Club exists to provide students the opportunity to engage in community-based service projects. Students help to come up with such projects and assume ownership for planning and implementing the various projects. For the 2017-2018 school year, the Community Kids Club is held once a month on Friday afternoons until 4:30 p.m.
- Student Council: This group consists of 4th and 5th graders that are chosen to be in this group by their peers. Their main goals are to promote school spirit, help count Box Tops, create Spirit Day ideas and help promote any school-run activity. The group meets every other Wednesday during lunch.
- Shining Knights Chess Club: Participants learn how to play chess, develop winning strategies, and practice these strategies through playing the game with their classmates.
- Girls on the Run: Participants in Grades 3-5 engage in healthy exercise, work as a team and develop a strong sense of self-esteem through this running experience.
Phoenix Arts After School Dance Club
Mermaid Art Studies After School Art Class
Shining Knights Chess Club
Daisy, Brownie and Girl Scout Troups – Girl Scouts of Eastern PA
Physical & Health Education Program
- Visit Mr. Sandor's Health & Physical Education website. You will find schedules, updates, and information about the physical education program at Stony Creek.
- Fourth and Fifth Grade Chorus: Students in grades four and five are invited to participate in chorus. Rehearsal takes place before school (7:45 - 8:30AM). The 4th and 5th grade chorus performs in a winter concert and spring musical.
- Instrumental: The band and strings program provide small group instruction on most woodwind, brass percussion and string instruments. Group lessons take place during one of these three times in the day, and there is a rotation during the year so students will likely not miss the same program to have their lesson: I/E Period, Science/SS, and Encore. Emphasis is placed on note reading, rhythmic interpretation, and tone production. The band and strings perform at the winter and spring concerts, as well as other performance opportunities throughout the school year.
- Reading Olympics: The goal of the Reading Olympics is to increase students' reading for enjoyment. Students collaborate with their teammates to read forty to fifty books that have been selected by a committee of librarians, reading specialists and classroom teachers. These professionals read the books and write questions which teams of students answer during the competition. The Olympics are primarily a celebration of reading rather than a contest. All participants are awarded ribbons. Since the teams generate much excitement about this event, the experience is rewarding for everyone involved.
Fifth Grade Leadership Programs
- Our fifth graders have the opportunity to assume leadership roles within the Stony Creek Learning Community. These leadership roles fall into one of these categories: ambassador, school campus safety, teacher assistance, or tutorial.