Home and School Association
Welcome to the Home & School Association at Wissahickon High School!
We hope that you will join us in our efforts to provide programs, activities, and services which benefit our students, teachers, staff, and families! The H&SA serves as a forum in which parents, teachers, administrators, and community members discuss ways to promote quality education, expand the arts, encourage Community involvement, and work for a healthy environment and safe neighborhoods.
How to Become a Volunteer
There are many opportunities for family members to become involved in their child’s education through the H&SA. If you would like to volunteer, be sure to refer to the requirements below.
To ensure the safety and welfare of students and personnel in the district and to comply with state and federal laws, Wissahickon School District implemented new school volunteer policies, WSD Board Policy #902 and Policy #806, and Guidelines Policy #806.1 related to the Child Protective Services Law and the PA School Code.
- Complete an annual WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement (for all returning and new volunteers)
- If you are a new volunteer, obtain and submit the following clearances:
- Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- FBI Fingerprints (Act 114) - Effective November 28, 2017 there is a new provider.
- Enter your service code (1KG6Y3 for Volunteering)
- Complete registration process
- Select a location & appointment time.
- Print the pre-enrollment form to take to your appointment with a check, money order or credit card.
- NOTE: (FBI clearance is not required if you've been a Pennsylvania resident for ten consecutive years prior to the date of your volunteer application and you complete the Volunteer Disclosure Statement)
- Submit WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement and clearances to the school your child attends.
- Once your paperwork has been processed, you will receive a link via your email to complete an online Child Abuse Recognition Training session. (For new volunteers)
For step by step instructions on completing the requirements to volunteer, please refer to the Requirements for Volunteering at WSD.
Join the WHS College Facebook Group for Parents/Guardians
We encourage our families to join the Wissahickon H&SA College Facebook Group. The sole purpose of this group is to discuss college and career preparation services relevant to our children in our community. Topics include:
- Academic programs in and out of school
- SAT and ACT tutors
- Community service and career awareness
- Access to our College Preparation Resource Guide, with resources from previous college fairs
Click here to access the group. Click 'Join' button at the top right of the webpage. Our administrator will receive your request and approve it if you’re a WHS H&SA member.
Wissahickon Teachers and Staff: Apply for a Learning Grant
Driven by a common mission to support ongoing educational opportunities for Wissahickon students, WEOF and our Home and School Associations use a new Common Grant Application to streamline the grant application and approval process. Grants may be submitted by Wissahickon administrators, teachers, counselors, coaches and class/activity sponsors.