Student Parking 2022-23
In an effort to ensure student safety and accountability for the privilege of driving to school, the following expectations will be in effect for parking a vehicle on school property:
- Starting on the first day of school, all vehicles that will be parked on school property must have a parking permit (hangtag). The permit must be obtained by the licensed driver prior to the first day of school.
- Vehicles will be assigned a numbered spot and will receive a corresponding parking hangtag. The registered vehicle must park in the corresponding parking space with the hangtag prominently displayed from the rear view mirror. If a student will drive multiple vehicles, then each vehicle must be registered.
- All drivers should operate their vehicles at a safe speed (the posted speed limit is 10 MPH) and show courtesy to pedestrians and to other drivers. Unsafe driving, including speeding, will NOT be tolerated and could result in the suspension or revocation of the driving privilege or additional discipline.
- Wissahickon School District tickets will be issued to vehicles parked in the wrong space, on tiger stripes, outside of parking spaces, in a faculty parking space, and to vehicles without a hangtag. Unpaid parking tickets will result in obligations that will prevent students from participating in extracurricular activities.
There are a limited number of available parking permits. Students entering their senior year will be provided the initial opportunity to purchase parking permits for $50 in the Administrative Suite (D-Hall) at WHS. Parking will be available to juniors and seniors the following week. Once the permits are sold out, there will be no other available parking on school property.
Parking hangtags will be available for purchase on the following dates and times:
- Seniors only –Tuesday, August 2nd - Thursday, August 4th from 7:15 AM to 11 AM
- Seniors and juniors –Tuesday, August 9th - Thursday, August 11th from 7:15 AM to 11 AM Tuesday, August 23rd - Thursday, August 25th from 7:15 AM to 11 AM
Your student must bring the following information with them to purchase their parking permit:
- Completed Parking Permit Registration Form
- Valid driver’s license
- Current (unexpired) vehicle registration
- Current (unexpired) vehicle insurance
- $50 cash or check (or you may pay with a credit card on www.myschoolbucks.com. Please note: Paying on myschoolbucks.com does not guarantee a spot. You must come in with the above information to purchase your parking hangtag.
Parking permits will not be sold without the above information. Obligations must be cleared before a hangtag may be purchased.
Permits are distributed on a “first come, first served” basis when the parking fee is paid. Parking permits must be picked up in the D-Hall Administrative Suite, at which time the student can choose a parking spot from the available spaces. Parking spaces/hangtags may not be exchanged after the time of purchase. The permits are not transferrable and may not be sold or given away by students.
At the conclusion of the first week of the 2022-23 school year, any vehicle attempting to enter the student lot without a proper hangtag will be turned away and will be prohibited from entering the campus. Vehicles parked on Wissahickon School District property without a proper hangtag may be ticketed and/or towed from the property, resulting in fees that are the responsibilities of the vehicle’s registered owner.
Thank you for your attention to these expectations. Our goals include compliance, safety, and accountability for our students. However, failure to comply with these expectations may result in school discipline, including the loss of the driving privilege.
If you have any questions, please contact Melanie Vasconez at firstname.lastname@example.org.