Health Services Overview
We wish to acquaint you with the health services available to the children of the Wissahickon School District. These services are intended to help maintain the health of each child at an ideal level in order that they may receive maximum benefit from the educational programs in our schools. With the help of the parents and the health care providers of the community, each young person should develop a maturity for their own health. By the time of high school graduation, they should understand the value of regular medical supervision. Our purpose is to work with you for the benefit of your child.
The medical department of the Wissahickon School District includes a consulting physician, certified school nurses, consulting dentist and other trained personnel. We are charged with responsibilities in a number of areas, each which has an effect on the well-being of your child.
Please feel free to contact your school nurse if any questions arise.
- Blue Bell Elementary: Aminah Brown and Nicole Cifelli
- 215-619-8102, ext. 2050
- Lower Gwynedd Elementary: Danielle Massina and Amanda Haddaway
- 215-619-8000, ext. 3050
- Shady Grove Elementary: Nicole Cifelli and Aminah Brown
- 215-619-8106, ext. 4050
- Stony Creek Elementary: Kathy Dearborn and Danielle Massina
- 215-619-8108, ext. 5050
- Wissahickon Middle School: Amanda Blyweiss and Tricia Kalinoski
- 215-619-8110, ext. 7050
- Wissahickon High School: Linda Downing and Sherri Ace
- 215-619-8112, ext. 8050
Health Services Information
Administration of Medication
STATE REQUIRED SCHOOL IMMUNIZATIONS
State required school immunizations are required within the first 5 days of school or your child will not be able to attend school. Any single dose vaccines (Tdap and Meningitis), are required by the first day of school.
- Asthma Action Plan
- Diabetes Action Plan
- Food Allergy Action Plan - English
- Food Allergy Action Plan - Spanish
- Seizure Action Plan
- Cerebral Palsy
- Hand, Foot, Mouth
- Lyme Disease
- Pertussis Fact Sheet
- PA Mandated Health Services
- Stomach Bug
- Strep Throat
- Allergy and Anaphylaxis Form
Spanish Allergy and Anaphylaxis Form
- Dental Private Report
- Epi Pen Permission to Carry M6
- Inhaler Permission to Carry M5
- Prescription Medication Dispensing Form
- Parent/Guardian Request for Administration of Over-the-Counter Medication During School Hours
- Physical Private Report
- Student Health Information Form
Wissahickon School District Health and Safety Plan
The Wissahickon School District will continue to follow the guidance of the Montgomery County Office of Public Health (MCOPH) and the Center of Disease Control (CDC). Click here for more information about COVID-19 guidance from the Montgomery County Office of Public Health.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PLAN - BOARD APPROVED DECEMBER 12, 2022
At the public Board meeting on December 12, 2022, the WSD School Board approved the revised District Health and Safety Plan to reflect the revised COVID-19 mitigation procedures and protocols.
Wissahickon SD Health and Safety Plan, Board-approved December 12, 2022