Home & School Association
Welcome to the Home & School Association at Wissahickon Middle School!
The Wissahickon Middle School Home and School Association (H&SA) is an active, involved and enthusiastic group of parents whose primary goal is to strengthen the partnership between home and school.
Our main purpose is to:
- Channel the energies and talents of parents into areas which will enrich the lives of our children
- Support and fund school activities and programs
- Improve communication between home and school
Through our fundraising efforts, the WMS Home & School Association is able to support and fund the following programs:
- Grade level fun nights
- Field trip scholarships
- Math Counts
- Homework Club
- Reading Olympics and other WMS clubs
- Geography & Spelling Bees
- Author Day
- Career Day
- 8th grade promotion breakfast
- Field Day supplies & treats
- Change for Change Guidance fund
- WHS Scholarships
- Transportation for various WMS club travel
2020-2021 H&SA Meetings - Open to all families!
All meetings are held in the WMS Library
- Wednesday, September 23 at 12:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 18 at 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 13 at 12:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 10 at 7:00 p.m.
2020-2021 Events and Activities
- Fall Picture Day: September 18
- Book Fair: November 16 through November 20
- Staff Desserts: Wednesday, December 11
- Spring Picture Day & 8th Grade Class Picture: February 4
- Visiting Author Day: Wednesday, May 5
- Staff Luncheon: Thursday, March 17
- Spring fundraiser - Bag Bingo: March 26
- Eighth Grade Celebration: Friday, May 7 at 7:00 p.m.
- 6th/7th grade fun event: May 18
How to Become a Volunteer
There are many opportunities for family members to become involved in their child’s education through the H&SA. If you would like to volunteer, be sure to refer to the requirements below.
To ensure the safety and welfare of students and personnel in the district and to comply with state and federal laws, Wissahickon School District implemented new school volunteer policies, WSD Board Policy #902 and Policy #806, and Guidelines Policy #806.1 related to the Child Protective Services Law and the PA School Code.
- Complete an annual WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement (for all returning and new volunteers)
- If you are a new volunteer, obtain and submit the following clearances:
- Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Background Check
- FBI Fingerprints (Act 114) - Effective November 28, 2017 there is a new provider.
- Enter your service code (1KG6Y3 for Volunteering)
- Complete registration process
- Select a location & appointment time.
- Print the pre-enrollment form to take to your appointment with a check, money order or credit card.
- NOTE: (FBI clearance is not required if you've been a Pennsylvania resident for ten consecutive years prior to the date of your volunteer application and you complete the Volunteer Disclosure Statement)
- Submit WSD Volunteer Disclosure Statement and clearances to the school your child attends.
- Once your paperwork has been processed, you will receive a link via your email to complete an online Child Abuse Recognition Training session. (For new volunteers)
For step by step instructions on completing the requirements to volunteer, please refer to the Requirements for Volunteering at WSD.
Volunteer Opportunities at WMS
- Sixth Grade Event
- Seventh Grade Event
- Eighth Grade Committee
- Art Show Monitors
- Barnes and Noble Night
- Faculty Welcome Back Breakfast
- Mini-Grant Review Committee
- Fall and Spring Picture Day
- Scholastic Book Fair Volunteers
- School Store Volunteers
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Staff Holiday Breakfast
- Student Directory Assistance
- Visiting Author Event
- WMS Spirit Wear Sales
- Trojan Café
- Back to the Kids
Communicate with the Home and School Association
- Sign up to receive the H&SA newsletter: text 'Wms' to 42828 to sign up for H&SA communications. Please note 'Wms' is case sensitive.
- Like us on Facebook: Wissahickon Middle School Home and School Association
- Instagram: Use the hashtag #WMSHSA
Subscribe to our e-News!
Our H&S association is experiencing technical difficulties with having parents sign up for their newsletter. Until the issue is resolved parents can CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE
You will be asked to submit your email address and name in order to be added to the newsletter sign up.
Wissahickon Teachers and Staff: Apply for a Learning Grant
Driven by a common mission to support ongoing educational opportunities for Wissahickon students, WEOF and our Home and School Associations use a new Common Grant Application to streamline the grant application and approval process. Grants may be submitted by Wissahickon administrators, teachers, counselors, coaches and class/activity sponsors.